Sunday, January 2, 2011

Who am I...........

Well, I am a 35 year old single black female who this time last year weighed 337 lbs and wore a size 26.  I am happy to report that as of today, I weigh 198 lbs and I wear a size 12. 

Actually, I am so much more than that.  I am a middle school principal, I am a daughter, a sister, an aunt, and a friend.  I am a person who loves taking pictures, reading, going to the movies, shopping, make-up, walking nature trails, dancing.  I am a person who cares about other people and loves to see everyone around me happy. I love to laugh, but I can be very serious at times.  I can be a little OCD, a little moody...........  However; for at least the last 10 years, all of these things have been put on the back burner because weighing 337 lbs defined who I was. I was the fat girl. The girl with the pretty face who needed to lose weight.  For so many years, I was the girl that so many people (including me) focused on being the big girl, instead of the girl who offered so much more.

I am new to this blogging thing, however; I have a great story to tell.  Most people discuss their weight loss journey, but I am going to talk about my weight loss excursion, because it has been one........  I still have a ways to go, I want to get down to a size 6.  Then, I have the other excursion........... keeping the weight off.....  I have been down the lose, gain, lose, gain more, lose, gain even more trail more times than I care to admit.

I don't know if anybody has a desire to read my story, but I sure hope so because I know I have a lot to say......

Dr. Coach

3 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you, I have watched your successful transformation with your weight loss; and I must say Great Job!!!!! I want to know that I will follow you in your quest and you have my full support.

    Love you, Sheldon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole! You are so RIGHT! Last year, I went up to 232, and I had to ask myself, "How did I get here?" Aside from the obvious poor choices I made, it was clear that I was using food as a "medicine" for myself. Another problem I had was that I was using food as a reward! I got accepted into the EdD program...OZ pizza. I got an A on a paper...IHOP. A parent conference went well...Five Guys. I got through to one of my students...McD's.

    It wasn't until you began talking about you excursion/journey that I was able to recognize the same trends and challenges in myself. Nicole, you are so inspirational! You are a wonderful friend to have, and I am SO PROUD OF YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole I am extremely proud of you. Keep up the good work and I look forward to reading your daily posts.

    ReplyDelete