Monday, January 3, 2011

How did I get to 337

Losing weight is about so much more than just losing weight.  Over the years I have been on many, many diets and I have lost many, many pounds, only to re-gain the weight, plus more.  This time it finally hit me, losing weight is about so much more than going on a diet, it is more than cutting calories and exercising.  It is also a mental journey, to honestly lose this weight, and keep it off, I had to reach deep inside and figure out how the heck I got so big in the first place. 

Anyone who has never struggled with weight is probably thinking, well the answer to that is easy. You got that size by eating all the time and not exercising.  Those of us who struggle with weight know that if it was that easy nobody would be over weight.  Struggling with weight is so much deeper than eating too much and not working out. 

It's about using food as medication, it's about using food as a drug, it's about using food to mask a bigger issue, it's about using food as a way to mask a much bigger issues.  It is about allowing past hurts and mistakes to conitnue to haunt you. It is about stuffing your feelings and burrying your hurts with food.  Most of us who are overweight do this privately. We do it and we don't even realize what we are doing.

Cutting calories and exercising is actually the easiest part of losing weight.  Digging deep inside and discovering why????????????? Now that is the challenge.  As I continue to blog, I will expose the process I have gone through, and what I have discovered. 

5 comments:

  1. That is fabulous Soror Nicole! Congrats! I'll be reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Soror. Please share my blog with everyone you know. I really want to reach out to everyone who has ever struggled or is still struggling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great, I can't wait to read what you're going to say next.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicole you know I know your struggle as we have been going through this together for years now. You are so right, people just don't understand that is so much deeper than just eating right and excercising when your drug of choice is food to bury the heartache, hurts, or things we just don't want to remember. I like you am able to now loose the weight and make life changing decisions because I have finally faced my demons.

    You have reinspired to definitely continue to my ultimate goal. I am here each step with you my sister. I love you and continue with your maginificent journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tab, the worst part about our drug is that you have to have food daily. If you don't eat you die. Funny though, if you eat too much you are slowly killing yourself.

    ReplyDelete