Sunday, January 16, 2011

My last year of high school let the crash dieting begin.........

I stopped playing basketball in the 11th grade, I quit the color guard in the 11th grade, I gave up track too.  As a senior all that was on my mind was graduating and leaving Newnan, GA.  I did the work/study program so I got out of school early everyday.  Of course, as soon as I got out, I went and ate out.  I had a job, a car, what else could have been better. 

Well, not participating in my activities and eating the way that I was started to show.  I gained weight and it puzzled my mom so badly.  Well, it was prom time and I had to get a dress.  We went to Shannon Mall, Rich's and I tried on the perfect dress......... size 8 WAY TOO SMALL, size 10 TOO SMALL, size 12 REAL TIGHT. I refused to even look at the 14.  I really wanted the blue dress, so I promised my mom I would lose the 10lbs needed so that the dress would fit correctly.  This was the start of my very first CRASH DIET!

I didn't know how to diet, all I knew was, eat less, exercise, and you would lose weight.  This is true, but I didn't understand that you had to eat something, I didn't understand really any aspect of what it meant to really eat less............ So, I would go all day and just eat a yogurt and popcorn.  I will never forget, this...................

I had been on this diet for about two weeks and I guess I was losing weight.  Lord knows I should've been because I sure as heck wasn't eating.  Well, my best friend from middle school and I use to go to Taco Bell about once a week when we got out at half day.  I went with her to taco bell, but I didn't order, I just sat there and ate an apple.  I was so proud, and all I ate all day was that apple.  My friend was over my house and my mom was asking about my diet.  I proudly told my mom that all I had eaten that day was an apple and she was so proud of me.  I actually went 3 days straight on just an apple and milk.  I was working out too.  I am surprised I didn't pass out!

Well, yes, I lost the weight and I got in the dress.  The dress ended up being a little loose and was almost too big.  Now, did I gain back the weight I loss.  Heck YEAH!!!  As soon as I put that dress on, I ate everything I could put my hands on. 

Now, this was the first of many crash diets.  Looking back, this is where the pattern began.  Lose 10-15lbs through straight deprivation, deprive myself of any and everything until I break................. then eat everything in sight and gain it all back plus more.

Naturally, I had to crash diet over the summer.  I couldn't start college off fat.  So, I crashed over the summer and lost about 15-20lbs..........................

Then, I left for college and the real roller coaster dieting began.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, this is very perceptive of you! I think that if a person is already struggling with an addiction (food, drugs, sex, alcohol, etc.), then a major life transition would only make it worse!

    ReplyDelete