Saturday, January 29, 2011

My best friend Phen-Phen

Well, before I went back to school, I really wanted to drop the extra weight I had put on. When I came home from Savannah State I was weighing around 221lbs. My mom had a few friends who had lost weight by going to this doctor. The doctor who I call "the fat doctor" was supposed to help people lose weight. My mom made my appointment and gave me the money to see the doctor. I was a nervous and excited at the same time. The doctor gave me a lecture about my size, explained to me that I should not eat over 1000 calories, told me to exercise everyday, gave me a calorie counter, a food journal, a b-12 shot, and a prescription for these pills...........phen-phen. He told me that I should lose at least 10% of my weight over the next month.

Well, those of you who know me, know that I can go above and beyond. There is no in-between with me, there is no middle ground, it's all or nothing. So, instead of eating 1000 calories a day, I ate 600-800 at the most and I worked out almost every free minute I could. Those pills were like magic, I wasn't hungry and I had so much energy. Well, it wasn't energy, those pills made me jittery. I couldn't be still, I couldn't sleep....... but I didn't care, I was losing weight.

The first month, I lost 30lbs. WOW! I entered Fort Valley weighing under 200 lbs and wearing a size 12/14.

Things were good right???? Of course, I had my phen-phen!!

I had dealt with the sexual assault, (yeah right)............ I had lost the weight (yeah right)........... I was healed (yeah right).....

Those phen-phen pills had become my best friends. I got 30 of those pills a month!!!! I had 30 best friends. If I gained a lil, I just opened my drawer, and pulled out my best buddy phen! Phen kept me in check. Phen also kept me up at night, phen made me irritable, phen made me constipated......

Apparently, those pills weren't safe..... people were dying from them, having heart attacks, etc. I went back to the fat doctor to see pick up my prescription to get my best friends. I got the prescription, went to the drug store, and they wouldn't fill the prescription....... I remember it like it was yesterday...... The guy called me up and told me that he couldn't fill it because it wasn't safe and they no longer carried my drug!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG..... What am I going to do????????

No comments:

Post a Comment