Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Keeping my promise

Well I kept my promise, I started losing weight. I hired a trainer, I worked out, I let go of sweets, fats, junk food. My blood sugar was GREAT! I was doing what I had promised my dad, so far,I had lost about 50lbs, I was feeling a lot better about myself, and my energy level was higher than it had been in ages, plus my A1C was the best it had been.

My dad was doing his part too. He had changed his diet, given up pork, beef, dairy, was eating raw foods: fruits, veggies, nuts, etc. My mom had been juicing for him daily, we had done research regarding natural cures for cancer, foods that heal, etc. So, my mom would juice for him daily, radishes, carrots, cabbage, fruit, etc. I honestly believe that his change in diet had a lot to with how well he handled/dealt with his disease. I know it had a lot to do with how he didn't suffer as the doctors said it would. I also know it had a lot to do with how high his energy level was the entire time.

We were both doing well, my dad and I. He was cancer free, I was losing weight.

I was at work, and noticed that I had several missed calls from my mom..... I knew that my dad had his normal 3 month check up that day, so when I saw the missed calls my heart dropped. I closed my office door and returned the call. My mom answered and gave me the news that the cancer was back and this time it was in his liver. They wanted to try a new procedure............. this was May.

Funny how our minds work. I remember the conversation word for word. I remember saying, I am not worried mom, he will be fine. This is the cycle, it comes, they treat it, he goes back to being cancer free.... He will be fine. I hung up the phone, called Cherilyn, explained everything to her. Then, I walked to the concession stand in my school, and got me a snack. I decided to start the popcorn maker, I loaded it with extra oil and popped several batches. I fixed super greasy popcorn, added salt, fixed me a few bags, took the popcorn, along with a snickers, an oatmeal raisin pie, a pack of starburst, and a regular coke. I then informed the front office staff that I had popped fresh popcorn and they were welcome to help themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment