Sunday, February 13, 2011

Starting a new chapter

Well, I did it.... I graduated from FVSU. I decided to take a job in my home town teaching. So, I moved back home and I started teaching 6th grade. I had so many things to adjust to... Like living at home with my parents after being on my own for 4 years, going to a job with older people, not really having in friends at home to go out with on a daily bases like in college. Also, I was probably the youngest person in my school building and I was one of only two black people. I had gone to an all black college. So all of this took some adjusting. It didn't take me long to adjust and I ended up liking my co-workers. They were really nice people who were always willing to help.

I did go through a lil depression though. I was away from the guy that I thought was my "soul mate" who I will call WT. I started grad school, and I got two part time jobs, O'Charley's and Macy's. If I wasn't in school, I was at my real job, or a part time job. I rarely slept, and I ate any and everything I could fine. I waited tables on the weekends, and I worked at Macy's from 5-9PM, and I took two to three classes a sememster. All I did was eat, work, and sleep. I worked seven days a week. Naturally, I gained A TON of weight. I was wearing a size 22. I was having trouble taking deep breaths so I went to the doctor. He said that it was all of the extra weight weighing on my lungs, and I needed to lose weight. So, I did. I went to Dr. Bass, who hooked me up. He gave me pills, and shots, told me to eat 1000 calories or less and to exercise. I followed his directions, actually, I became a little obsessed with his directions. I exercised twice a day. I did taebo, I ran, I ate 700-800 calories, and I lost weight. I was still real young so it was easy. I got down to a size 12 and all was good again.

I started back getting a lot of male attention. It seemed like everywhere I went, I got attention. All of the attention made me so uncomfortable. Men stopping me, men trying to get me to pull over, parents trying to talk to me.

Looking back, I would be willing to bet my paycheck that I sabatoged my weight loss on purpose. I would be willing to bet that I was scared, didn't know how to handle the attention, and reverted back to what was comfortable to me. Food!

Well, I only stayed in Newnan a little over a year. I got my own apartment in Union City, which is about 15 minutes from downtown, Atl. I finished my master's, I quit Macy's, but I kept waiting tables on the weekend and I was still teaching.

I stopped seeing Dr. Bass because "I WAS FIXED" I was a size 12. I got a job teaching in South Fulton County, and I started a leadership program. I was back in school........

Well, I am willing to bet that you all know what happened next.

No comments:

Post a Comment